Whoa, I can’t believe it’s been a full year that I’ve been receiving the monthly Clean Beauty Box. Looking back, it’s introduced me to SO many awesome products and brands. This month is no different! The theme is BALANCE and features two full-size products from Wabi-Sabi Botanicals (a brand that was actually in September’s box). Let’s take a look at what’s inside!
About Wabi-Sabi Botanicals
Deeply focused on sourcing as sustainably and ethically as possible, Wabi-Sabi Botanicals places a special emphasis on cooperatives that empower women through fair wages and working conditions. Uncompromising in their standards across 5 categories: Origin, Composition, Sensory Experience, Sustainability, and Bioavailability. This is a skincare line that you can feel good about supporting from the moment the product reaches your hands. Formulated with organic and/or organically wildcrafted plant ingredients that contain active phytonutrients essential to skin health, Wabi-Sabi Botanicals promises effective products that are sustainable, unadulterated, and cruelty-free.
The Giver Illuminative Ritual Cleanser + Makeup Dissolver
Okay coffee lovers, listen up! The first thing I noticed when I first used “The Giver” cleanser was the aromatic coffee and cacao scent. Omg, talk about my dream come true ?☕️? This cleanser is formulated to dissolve dirt and grime and melt away makeup. It’s such a gorgeous hue, too.
HOW I’VE BEEN USING IT: At night, I massage about 2 pumps onto my face and neck (dry), making sure to go slowly and pay extra attention to areas with more makeup. Then I wipe it all away with a warm, damp organic cotton facial towel.
It seems to really melt away makeup, yet leaves my skin feeling clean and still very well hydrated. You can use it in the morning too. I also like taking a few extra pumps and massaging that into my hands and forearms for a little extra moisture. I just CANNOT get over how good it smells! (coffee lover over here)
THE GIVER IS A BLEND OF:
- Honduran sapote fruit oil which promotes supple, smooth, and glowing skin
- Rosella hibiscus oil (aka Nature’s Botox) which is a natural source of AHAs that exfoliates and firms
- Moringa oil which combats blemishes and is rich in Vitamins C + E
- Roasted coffee bean oil + cacao which awaken the skin and senses and protect the outer skin layer from damaging free radicals
Balancing Act Crystal Rollerball Intensif Serum No.2
I think this is the first time I’ve used a facial serum that applies as a rollerball, SO unique and I feel like I’m not wasting any oil this way. The rollerball is actually an exclusive pre-launch with The Clean Beauty box; this serum is in a limited edition Brazilian Tiger’s Eye crystal ball applicator and a larger 15ml bottle.
But anyway! Let’s talk about the actual serum itself. This one doesn’t contain coffee or cacao but I feel like the smell is still dark, earthy, and warm and complements the cleanser really well. It’s concentrated with omegas which help balance combination and oily skin, calm inflammation, and minimize pore congestion. I really enjoy how lightweight it is!
HOW I’VE BEEN USING IT: After using the cleanser, I roll it generously onto my face and neck then gently blend it in with my fingers. Depending on how moisturized my skin is feeling, I might follow up with a light moisturizer or just use this serum. It actually works beautifully as a makeup primer too!
THE BALANCING ACT IS A BLEND OF:
- Guava seed oil which soothes, firms, and protects skin from environmental damage
- Peruvian sacha inchi seed oil which helps reduce appearance of scarring and wrinkles, balances acne-prone skin, and rebuilds the skin’s natural protective barrier
- Borage seed oil which helps regulate hormonal imbalances, calm inflammation, and hydrates thanks to high levels of Gamma Linoleic Acid
- Brazilian tiger’s eye which is a gemstone that reduces feelings of anxiety, promotes self-confidence, and balances hormones
Wabi-Sabi is truly a special brand and I’m so honored to be able to try these products! And how beautiful is the packaging? The total value of the box is $112, but if you subscribe, you can get it for only $41.95 per box ? (even cheaper if you commit to a longer subscription!)
This post contains affiliate links.