Are you ready for a fun before and after?! This was a project I did for a brand, but I thought it would be cool to share with you guys here, too! I think it’s super helpful to see a side-by-side of bare skin and then a face full of makeup. That way you can really see how it performs!
This post contains affiliate links. These products were gifted to me for PR consideration. All thoughts are my own!
About Clove + Hallow:
- Vegan and cruelty-free makeup line 🐰
- Made in America with clean ingredients: no parabens, gluten, phenoxyethanol, talc, mineral oil, phthalates, synthetic fragrance, or flavors. Clove + Hallow uses ECO-CERT-approved preservatives.
I really like this makeup line for a couple of reasons. They are more on the affordable side for clean beauty. They also do a great job of having an inclusive shade range for darker skin tones which is harder to find with some indie brands. And the products perform really well! 💰
Related blog post: [Budget Buys] 70+ Green Beauty Products Under $20 Bucks!
I wouldn’t say they are the most squeaky clean when it comes to natural ingredients compared to some other brands out there. But still high-quality and up to my high standards!
You can use the code ORGANICALLYBECCA15 at checkout to get 15% off your Clove + Hallow order!
Now let’s show the before and after…
It’s like magic, isn’t it? ✨ I only used five products but they made such a big transformation. Here’s what I used!
Clove + Hallow Products Used:
1. Conceal + Correct: As featured on my guide to the best natural concealers! Shade 03 works best for me but I can also get away with 02 or 04 depending on how tan I am. This is a lightweight and breathable cream that leans toward a liquid consistency (the discontinued Liquid Skin Tint was actually based on this concealer formula). These are great for brightening dark eye circles or uneven skin tone. They do work for concealing blemishes too, but I prefer these for just using under my eyes or masking redness. I use it all over kind of as a foundation!
Psst…I used Clove + Hallow’s makeup brushes to buff the concealer. They’re awesome.
2. Pressed Mineral Foundation Powder: How cool is it that these are refillable? I wear shade 04. This is a medium coverage pressed powder foundation that’s buildable with a satin finish. This one works nicely for setting the liquid foundation and controlling shine. It feels really soft on my skin and pairs well with the concealer.
3. Lip Créme: I love these lipsticks, but I actually used this on my cheeks as a cream blush because I didn’t have any of Clove + Hallow’s blushes on hand. I just dabbed some on my cheeks with my ring finger then blended. It actually worked really well and they are smooth and creamy. I used the shade Creamsicle which is a light, peachy coral. I also adore the Desert Rose shade, so pretty!
4. FlexLash Mascara: This is a really natural-looking mascara. It’s not really my top pick for a really bold mascara, but it’s nice for an everyday look and is buildable. It’s not chunky or flaky at all. But does a good job of enhancing your natural lashes. Think wet baby lashes! It definitely has more of a soft and flexible finish. The mascara has a short, tapered wand.
5. Luscious Lip Lacquer Serum: This color is gorgeous! It’s called Spicy 👄 and it makes me feel fierce. These are hydrating and cushy and are infused with white lupin seed extract which stimulates collagen production. They’re not sticky and have a slightly minty flavor. You get the color of a lipstick, reflective look of a gloss, and treatment properties of a lip mask all in one with these.
Other noteworthy Clove + Hallow products:
- The Lip Velvets are liquid-to-matte lipsticks that stay put all day long (shade Darling is so pretty!)
- The H2Glow Serum is a lightweight hyaluronic acid that gives a nice hydration boost
- The Line + Define Liquid Eyeliners do NOT budge! (I love that they have a brown shade too)
Overall, I really love products from Clove + Hallow and definitely suggest trying them out! If there are any other beauty brands that you’d like to see a before and after for, just leave a note in the comments. This was fun and I’d love to do it again. Happy to answer any questions, too.
Oh, did someone say coupon? You can use the code ORGANICALLYBECCA15 at checkout to get 15% off your Clove + Hallow order!