Perhaps you’re on a journey towards less waste and trying to use more eco-friendly products. But I totally get it, when you’re first starting out it can be SO overwhelming! What should you use instead of plastic ziploc baggies? Plastic toothbrushes? Shampoo bottles? Disposable cleaning products? Plastic razors? Not to mention, where can you even FIND these swaps? Well, today I am going to blow your mind because I’ve found THE ultimate resource when it comes to zero waste swaps.
EarthHero is an online market and every time I browse their website I am just so amazed by how vast their selection is. You can literally find anything you’re looking for when it comes to eco-friendly products. They carry over 150+ sustainable brands, including many that I use every single day. A little more about them before I share my faves:
- Certified B Corp based out of Boulder, CO
- 1% for the Planet member
- They offer carbon neutral (and plastic-free) shipping through carbonfund.org
- Partnered with The Climate Collaborative
- Every order helps plant 5 trees as they have teamed up with Trees for the Future 🌲
- Partnered with Terracycle to help consumers recycle and use their take-back program
Basically, their goal is to become an eco-friendly Amazon and help make earth-friendly products more accessible to consumers. They are a zero waste mecca! ♻️
I encourage you to search their site if you’re looking for a specific swap; they probably have it! But now I’m going to share some of my top picks that you can find in their store. P.S. keep reading for an exclusive coupon code!
Eco-Friendly Home & Kitchen Supplies
This is definitely one of the areas that can be hard to reduce your waste. But you can surely start a good foundation with some of the options here. I suggest:
- A beechwood dish brush
- Beeswax wrap instead of plastic cling wrap
- Dropps biodegradable dishwasher detergent pods 🍽 these have been working well for my dishes! I have the unscented ones.
- Some stainless steel tins for food storage
- Stainless steel compost bin (Want to learn more about composting? Check out our podcast episode!)
- Stasher bags, aka the best replacement for plastic sandwich baggies
- These cute avocado huggers to keep your avos from going bad! 🥑
- This collapsible straw and utensil set to keep in your purse so you never have to use a single-use
- Wool dryer balls to use instead of dryer sheets
Consciously-Packaged Clean Beauty
Oh you know I am most excited about this category! It can be hard to find beauty products that have clean ingredients AND sustainable packaging. A couple of brands you can find from EarthHero that check both of those boxes:
- Badger: Balms, bug repellants, beard oils, lip balms, shaving soaps, and sunscreens.
- David’s: Fluoride-free toothpaste in a recyclable metal tube.
- Elate Cosmetics: Makeup that is 90% organic and uses fair trade ingredients. Plus they’re vegan, refillable, and come packaged in bamboo from a green-certified supplier. I really like the liquid eyeliner! 💄
- Meow Meow Tweet: Deodorants and body care in paperboard tubes!
- Plaine Products: If you’ve followed my blog for a while then you already know I love this company. They make shampoo, conditioner, hand wash, lotions, and more. The best part: they are refillable and use plastic-free bottles!
You can find other sustainable hygiene products like safety razors, floss, deodorants, reusable cotton rounds, and brushes on their shop.
Sustainable Fashion & Accessories
A while ago I bought a Cora Ball from them, which is supposed to help catch up to 26% of microfibers that shed from clothing. I’ve been throwing it in the wash and I hope it’s helping! They also carry my go-to phone cases from Pela Case which are compostable and made from flax. And so cute and durable 📱
Feminine Hygiene Products
I’ve talked a lot about zero waste options for our feminine hygiene products on my blog. Thankfully EarthHero is totally on board with it, too. They carry menstrual cups, reusable liners, organic cotton tampons, and other related items. Just check out their Menstrual Products section 🩸
For the Furry Friends
Let’s not forget about our furry friends! EarthHero has tons of items just for them. My dogs like the Beco Pets Natural Rubber Dog Bones 🦴 which are made of natural rubber, rice husk, and scented naturally with vanilla. You can also find compostable poo bags, hemp collars, bowls, toys, leashes, grooming tools…all the things 🐶
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg, they have so much more (including curated gift boxes!). Anyway, I’m truly so happy to partner with EarthHero for this post and I hope you’re able to find alllllll the swaps you’re looking for. Even better, they graciously hooked you up with a coupon code! Just enter the code BECCA10 at checkout for 10% off your order. Now go forth and be eco!
(Code can’t be used on sale items, gift cards, TerraCycle boxes, or Naturepedic products)