For whatever reason, one of the most exciting products for me to test is FOUNDATION (and deodorant hehe)! They’re a staple in my makeup collection and it’s so fun to try out different coverages and finishes. When I saw that FitGlow launched a foundation, I immediately had to give it a go. I take my job as a blogger verrrrrry seriously; which means I will gladly try out new products to review so you can get the full scoop! 🤓
This post contains affiliate links. Product was gifted to me for PR purposes with no obligation to share. This post reflects my honest thoughts, as always!
About FitGlow Foundation+
FitGlow is a really high-quality brand that makes both makeup and skincare. Their Conceal+ concealer is a cult classic in clean beauty. They actually modeled this new Foundation+ off of the concealer formula! So if you’re a die-hard Conceal+ user, then you’ll probably want to give Foundation+ a try too!
(btw, the shade numbers match between the foundation and concealer to make it easy if you’ve already found your shade for one)
- $55 for 30 ml
- Vegan, cruelty-free
- Available in 18 shades
- Packaged in a glass bottle
- Uses no silicones or coconut
- Doesn’t have much of a smell
- Large/chubby doe foot applicator wand
- Fuller coverage with a natural but radiant finish
The foundation is coined a “skin smoothie” and it’s infused with skincare goodies like organic oils, hyaluronic acid, and Vitamin C for added benefits.
Related post: “The 10 Absolute BEST Clean Beauty Foundations (According to My Readers!)”
My Thoughts About Foundation+: Yay or Nay?
So I gotta be honest, the first time I used this foundation, I was NOT in love. But after getting used to it and figuring out the best techniques for applying it, it definitely grew on me. More on that in a minute!
FitGlow sent me three shades to try:
- F2 Light Cool with peach undertones (too light for me)
- F2.5 Light with neutral undertones (just right!)
- F2.7 Golden Light Medium (a little too yellow but it still works!)
I use FitGlow’s new Flawless Finish Foundation Brush to buff and blend out the foundation. It’s super soft and has a wide angle to make for a seamless application. I really like it and it works well, but kind of wish it was a tad bigger!
Now, here’s what it looks like on my skin!
What I like about the foundation 👍
- I’m glad the bottle is glass and not plastic
- Fuller coverage and conceals redness well
- Feels breathable and comfortable on my skin
- Doesn’t seem to wear away that much as the day goes on
- Looks really glowy and radiant without feeling greasy or dewy
- Really clean ingredients with a majority that are certified organic
- No silicones or coconut which can be comedogenic for some people
What I don’t like about the foundation 👎
- Applies quite dry
- Settles into lines and kind of accentuates my wrinkles
- Not very buildable before it gets too cakey looking which can happen with fuller coverage foundations
- Can transfer and smudge, especially if I don’t set it with a powder; there is almost a waxy feel to it which makes sense because it contains waxes (like, if you touch your face accidentally, some will slide off)
- The doe-foot applicator makes it quick and easy to apply, but I think I would prefer a pump just for hygienic reasons and so it’s not constantly touching my face then going back into the bottle
So, I would say there was a learning curve for me with this foundation. The first couple of times I used it, it applied way too DRY and did not look very flattering on me. I have combination skin that usually gets oily after wearing foundations, but this made my skin look drier than it is. I would say this is dry but luminous!
The trick with this one is to make sure your skin is WELL PREPPED and thoroughly moisturized. Even when my skin is freshly dermaplaned or exfoliated, I still need to use a primer before applying Foundation+. Like, I cannot use this foundation without applying a primer first because it’s NOTICEABLY better!
Related post: “How to Effectively Prep Your Skin for Flawless Makeup Application (Naturally!)”
Clean primer recommendations:
- Alima Pure Smooth + Prime
- Vapour Gentle Illuminating Primer
- Clove + Hallow BlurFlex Priming Serum (budget option, plus code ORGANICALLYBECCA15 works for a discount)
Additionally, I find it helpful to apply this foundation in small dots all over my face vs. fewer larger blobs. I think the less blending you have to do with this one, the better. Using the FitGlow foundation brush in short strokes instead of a circular blending motion helps too.
Wanna try sample sizes first?
FitGlow has Try Me Sample Kits that let you pick six small samples. This would be a good way to dabble with different shades if you’re unsure.
Related post: “30+ Green Beauty Brands That Offer Sample Sizes“
The final verdict: Mixed feelings!
Overall, I feel like this looks really pretty from further away. But up close it makes my skin appear drier than it is unless I load up on primer first. I would like it better if it applied more seamlessly and velvety. I would NOT suggest it if you have dry, flaky skin or rough patches.
I do appreciate that it’s fuller coverage and not greasy. Plus you can’t beat the pure, clean ingredients. After some trial and error, I’ve found the best techniques for applying Foundation+ to make it work for my skin and it really grew on me. But at the end of the day, it’s just not my favorite compared to other foundations I’ve tried.
However, we all have different skin and preferences, so this isn’t to say that it won’t be something you love. If you like their concealer, you might like this foundation too!
Also available from The Detox Market.
Was this review helpful? Have you tried this foundation? Drop a comment below if you have any questions, feedback, or anything you’d like to share! 💚