When I was visiting Australia earlier this year, I just had to pick up some local green beauty items. One of them was a BB cream by the brand La Mav 🇦🇺 Safe to say, I LOVED it, so I’m so thrilled to share even more La Mav products with you today!
This blog post is sponsored by La Mav who was kind enough to gift me product for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own. This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
ABOUT LA MAV
La Mav Organic Skin Science was created by Dr. Tarj Mavi, who, after suffering from skin pigmentation after the birth of her second child, was unable to find a skincare range that could deliver visible results but was free from harsh chemicals. Having worked in the research and development field for over 25 years, Tarj was able to utilize this knowledge and combine it with a desire to create a completely organic skincare range that would deliver visible results while still being gentle to the skin and the environment. They are an Australian-made brand! 🐨
Their commitment to quality:
La Mav products contain NO petrochemicals, synthetics, parabens, sodium benzoate, talc, fragrance, dyes, polysorbates, SLS, SLES, ammonium lauryl sulfate, ethanolamides, PEGs, GMOs. They are cruelty-free and vegan, too.
La Mav Products I Tried
- Organic BB Cream: A tinted moisturizer, SPF 11, and foundation all in one. I just love how soft this feels on my skin, the texture is so light and airy. The coverage is medium but seems to be pretty buildable. Made with hyaluronic acid, anti-aging minerals, rosehip oil, and skin-loving ingredients. It’s only available in two shades, however, the formula is supposed to be adaptive to your skin tone. I’m shade Light!
- Organic Bio-Active Primer: Locks in moisture and creates a perfectly smooth base for your makeup application. It’s infused with vitamin C, rosehip oil, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin E. I find it to be super lightweight on my skin and it does seem to sit well underneath foundation. This one is not currently available through Amazon but hopefully soon!
- Sweet Orange Foaming Cleanser: Okay no joke I LOVE this cleanser! It says to use 1-2 pumps but only one definitely does the trick, even to remove eye makeup. It’s wonderful for oily, acne-prone, and combo skin because it has ingredients like Bilberry extract to clear pores, draw out impurities, control oil, and treat pimples. My skin definitely feels squeaky clean after using it, but not stripped of moisture. Plus I love the light orange scent 🍊
- Anti-Aging Mineral Foundation Powder: La Mav sent me shade Medium which is a tad too dark for me, but I’ve been using it on my cheeks and forehead instead of all over my face and that has been giving me a nice amount of warmth! And it’s SPF 15 which is awesome. It provides pretty full coverage with a nice, soft finish. I found that it has been sitting on my face nicely throughout the day without getting cakey or settling into lines. Thumbs up 👍
- Mattifying Powder: I use this on areas that I didn’t use the foundation powder – under eyes, nose, chin, or anywhere I tend to get a little oily. It’s great at absorbing oil and controlling shine throughout the day, score! Plus it’s pretty translucent so it provides matte coverage without altering skin color. This one also has some SPF coverage because of the titanium dioxide in it.
- Vegan Kabuki Brush: The bristles on this are SO soft! It makes it really easy to apply the mattifying powder and foundations. This one is not on Amazon either, but hopefully soon.
Where Can I Buy La Mav?
If you live in the U.S. you can buy from La Mav’s website, however, they encourage buying from their verified Amazon seller because the shipping prices can be high coming from Australia 🇺🇸
Have you tried this brand? I definitely recommend checking them out. Great quality and great ingredients. Who knows, maybe they’ll be the next big thing in the states!
2 comments on “Aussie Brand Spotlight: La Mav Organic Skin Science”
Trying your products Becca, just ordered eye products