Not gonna lie, when I first started using natural shampoo and hair products a few years ago, the options were NOT great. It was common for the more organic options to leave your hair feeling heavy and not totally clean. Thankfully, times have changed and I can confidently say the natural counterparts perform just as well, if not better, in my opinion. Today I want to focus on one brand, in particular, Lovesong!
This post is sponsored by Lovesong Beauty who sent me their products to review. All thoughts are my own and reflect my honest opinions.
About Lovesong Beauty
Unfortunately, Lovesong has gone out of business! For other natural hair care recommendations, check out this blog post:
Lovesong was founded by Emily and Matt Bowman in 2020. Emily struggled to find truly natural hair products that worked well, and therefore Lovesong was born! They currently offer hair products (shampoo, conditioner, dry shampoo gel, leave-in conditioner) and a body lotion. More about the brand and products:
- Female owned and independent
- Made in California using renewable wind energy 💨
- Donate a percentage of every sale to 1% For The Planet
- Bottled in glass, aluminum, and packaged in recycled paper
- Vegan, cruelty free, gluten free, color safe, non-GMO (and use a lot of certified organic ingredients)
- Use recycled shipping materials including tissue paper, green wrap, and tape that are compostable and recyclable ♻️
Lovesong recently released three NEW products: shampoo, conditioner, and a body lotion. This post will focus on these three new ones! To read my full review of their original products (Invisible Dry Shampoo Gel and Leave-In Conditioner), check out this post:
Evergreen Shampoo & Ultralush Conditioner
I basically freaked out when I found out that they were releasing a shampoo. Emily actually let me try samples of these before they were released and still in development! I got even MORE excited when I saw the packaging. Their original dry shampoo and leave-in conditioner are packaged in glass bottles, but the new larger products are in pretty, white aluminum bottles.
Aluminum is very easily recyclable without much quality loss! Lovesong uses a non-BPA liner that prevents leaching into the product and does not affect the recycling process either. The more you know!
Scent Profile: Energizing with botanical extracts of orange, lemon, lavender, balsam fir, ylang ylang, and eucalyptus. So, kind of woodsy! Even my hubby approves of the smell 🌲 It’s really pleasant and not too powerful.
Hair Types: They’re meant to work for ALL hair types and textures (even color-treated hair).
- Aloe leaf extract helps remove excess oil while preserving integrity of the hair, can also help calm itchy scalps
- Green tea leaf extract supports hair growth and keeps hair healthy
- Wakame extract (brown algae) regenerates, may help prevent color loss, and protects hair against environmental stressors
I had high hopes for the Evergreen Shampoo because the original dry shampoo gel and leave-in conditioner are SO great. Overall, I am extremely happy with the shampoo!! I knew Lovesong wouldn’t disappoint, but after putting it to the test, it’s confirmed. The price is on the higher end for an 8 oz. bottle, but I think it makes sense for the packaging and quality of ingredients.
I find that I need about 8-9 pumps of the shampoo, which is pretty typical for me since I have thick hair and only wash about once a week, so I want it to be squeaky clean. It gets a thumbs-up from me!
- Does a good job of removing buildup and excess oil
- Hair feels soft, hydrated, manageable, and not frizzy
- Leaves my hair feeling really clean, but not stripped or dry
- The smell lingers a bit once hair is dry but not much; it’s not detectable the next day
- Lathers relatively well, but not an extremely foamy or slick lather. I’ve tried other shampoos that have a more intense lather, but this has a good amount and gets the job done!
Quick Note About the Conditioner:
I did use the Ultralush Conditioner a little bit to get a good feel for it and give you guys my thoughts! However, in my hair care routine, I actually don’t use conditioner at all! I just prefer to use a leave-in product on damp hair instead. But I DO like this conditioner if I were to use one! It does help detangle hair and doesn’t weigh it down or make my hair look greasy at all. It’s not the slickest conditioner I’ve tried, but it does rinse out easily 👍
Nectarous Body Cream
The word “nectarous” means extremely pleasing, delightful, delicate, and fragrant. I’d say that’s true of this body lotion! It smells INTOXICATING but in the best way. I cannot get over it.
It’s a water-based lotion and feels lightweight and not greasy or oily, but it still melts into skin and feels super nourishing (it does contain oils so it feels way more luxurious than most lotions!). It’s best to apply to damp skin after showering to really seal in that hydration. It glides around nicely and feels soooooo silky on my skin!
Scent Profile: Very similar to the dry shampoo gel and leave-in conditioner! Fragrant extracts of rose de mai, jasmine, and vanilla. Not too strong, but certainly noticeable.
- Coconut oil for moisture and repair skin barrier
- Jojoba seed oil is incredibly healing and moisturizing
- Calendula extract can help plump, firm, and protect skin
- Evening primrose oil has age-defying and restorative benefits to improve skin texture
Lovesong is surely an up-and-coming brand to keep your eye on! They use #OrganicallyBeccaApproved ingredients, have incredible standards, AND perform well. I definitely recommend giving their products a try. Let me know if you have any questions in the comments! 💚