Since switching to cleaner products, I’ve been so surprised at how many non-toxic shampoos there are available! Maple Holistics is one of them. I had not heard of this brand but they reached out to me asking if I’d like to try their Tea Tree Oil shampoo. I’ve been using it for a month now, keep reading to see my thoughts about it!
Although Maple Holistics sent me this shampoo for free in exchange for a review, this blog post reflects my honest thoughts about the product.
So a little about the shampoo before we dive in. Here’s an ingredient list:
Aqua, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sodium Lauryl Glucoside Carboxylate, Lauryl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Acrylates Copolymer, Coco-glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glyceryl Caprylate, Glycerin, Sodium PCA, D-Panthenol, Simmondia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Botanical Keratin, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Oil
- Lathers REALLY well, which is great because I have very thick hair
- You only need a little bit of shampoo at a time and it goes a long way
- My hair felt really soft the next day
- The tea tree scent is pretty subtle and pleasant
- Helped detangle my hair fairly well
- I don’t personally have an irritated or flaky scalp, but this formula is supposed to be very helpful for those conditions as well as promote hair growth
- Cruelty-free, paraben-free, non-GMO, and gluten-free
- I normally only wash my hair once per week, but I noticed that my hair started looking more oily than normal sooner in between washes
- My hair was more “poofy” than normal after washing – which might be good if you want more volume but my hair is so thick that I want less
- It’s a little deceiving because when you go to their website and click the ingredients tab for this shampoo, it lists “Aqua, Jojoba Oil, Botanical Keratin, Argan Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Lavender Oil, Rosemary Oil” as the only ingredients. However, the ingredients on the actual bottle of shampoo are different and much more lengthy (see above for the full list).
So overall, I liked it and will keep using it until it runs out. If you have a dry, irritated scalp I would recommend trying this to see if it helps you.
Maple Holistics also offers a free sample program, you can try samples of their products absolutely free!
You can also purchase it on Amazon Prime.