The internet has been CRAZY about matcha green tea this year! And for good reason: it’s delicious, caffeinated, and has awesome health benefits. But sometimes plain ole’ tea can be boring, so why not use matcha in a different way, sayyyyy with peanut butter? In cup form? I think yes! ?
I’m talking about MATCHA PEANUT BUTTER CUPS. Oh heck yes.
The idea came to me after nomming on my favorite Eating Evolved Keto Cups. I was like, hmm this would be good with matcha and peanut butter instead! And just like that, this recipe was born ?
These cups are:
Lightly sweetened, naturally
Full of healthy fats
Made with only 6 simple ingredients
Like your favorite Reese’s cups, only 10x better
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 tbsp raw unpasteurized honey (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp matcha powder (I used Encha Organic Ceremonial Grade Matcha)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut butter
- Add all bottom + top layer ingredients together in a pot. Turn on low heat, enough to melt and mix them all together.
- Using a mini muffin tin, line with 16 mini paper baking cups. I use these unbleached parchment paper cups.
- Pour a little bit of the mixture into the cups evenly, be sure to leave about half of the mixture to use later for the top layer.
- Place in the freezer until solid, about 15 minutes.
- While that is freezing, in a separate pot, melt and mix together the peanut butter and coconut butter for the filling.
- Remove bottom layer from freezer, and use all the filling evenly over the bottom layer of the cups.
- Place in freezer again until solid, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and top with remaining top layer mixture.
- Place in freezer again for about 5 minutes, then sprinkle with sea salt. Put back in freezer until firm.
Use organic ingredients when possible!
Store in the fridge or freezer, especially if you live in a warm climate.
Enjoy! Please let me know if you make them yourself ?
This post contains affiliate links.