So about 90% of my readers are women. But guess what, the products that men use on a daily basis are important too! While dudes usually don’t use as many products or as frequently, the products still can contain not-so-safe ingredients like parabens or fragrances. Let’s take a look at some common items and natural, organic swaps for them 🙋♂️
This post contains affiliate links.
You might be wondering, “Becca, how can you vouch for these?” and I’m glad you asked! These are all items that are Mr. Organically Becca approved (a.k.a my husband Jon). I’ve been helping him find better replacements for his skincare and personal hygiene products over the past few years. These are tested and true! 👌
This post covers:
- Powerful Aluminum-Free Deodorants
- Organic Shaving Supplies
- Non-Toxic Hair Care
- Natural Face Wash & Moisturizers
- Organic Body Care
- Non-Toxic Colognes
- Sustainable Men’s Clothing
Powerful Aluminum-Free Deodorants:
Yeah, this is a very important category for guys. I can attest that you do NOT want to give them a natural deodorant that doesn’t work well 🤣 Stinky pit alert. Here are some that actually perform…
- Cleo + Coco Natural Charcoal Deodorants: Choose from multiple scents and with or without baking soda. Brave Heart (basil mint) and Free to Be (unscented) are unisex scents. These are cool because you can also get bars without any packaging. Code ORGANICALLYBECCA gets you a discount.
- Kaia Naturals Underarm Soap Bar: This is helpful to use while showering for an extra detoxing boost, especially when first transitioning to natural deodorant.
- Little Seed Farm Activated Charcoal Deodorant Cream: This is Jon’s absolute fave! It’s the most effective one he has tried and doesn’t cause any rashes or irritation because it’s baking soda-free. Code BECCA10 gets you a discount at EarthHero. (also available here on Amazon)
- Routine Johnny’s Cash Deodorant Cream: A clay and beeswax formula that smells like cedarwood, pine, bergamot, and patchouli. With or without baking soda!
- Ursa Major Base Layer Deodorant Stick: No baking soda or scent. This deodorant glides on extremely easily! Also comes in a woodsy Forest Fix formula.
Need some convincing that natural deodorant can work for you? While there definitely is a detox period when you first make the switch, it usually only lasts 2-4 weeks. If you’re experiencing irritation, excessive sweating, or smelly armpits, then I encourage you to check out my guide below for ALL the tips and tricks for switching to natural deodorant 👇
Organic Shaving Supplies:
A lot of conventional shaving supplies contain sulfates, strong chemical fragrances, or ingredients that can actually cause irritation. Try these instead:
- Badger Organic After-Shave Face Oil: Contains aloe, witch hazel, cucumber, and organic menthol for a cooling, soothing sensation.
- Badger Organic Shave Soap: A package-free shave soap. If your guy wants one that lathers really well, this is it!
- Merkur Safety Razor: Ditch the plastic disposable razors! Safety razors are eco-friendly and minimize razor burn 🪒 Or try a Leafshave razor with a pivoting head!
- Schaf Unscented Shave Cream: An unscented, fragrance-free shaving cream. Use code ORGANICALLYBECCA for a discount at The Choosy Chick.
- Ursa Major Stellar Shave Cream: Another awesome natural shave cream that Jon has used for years (he prefers this one). It’s concentrated and formulated to prevent nicks, cushion against razor burn, and naturally nourishes skin.
Related post: “Zero Waste Shaving Guide: How to Use a Safety Razor“
Non-Toxic Hair Care:
I know guys can be super picky about shampoos that smell too “girly” or floral. This is why these are great options and even my husband approves!
- Chagrin Valley Organic Shampoo Bars: A zero waste option! It starts to lather once you rub it on wet hair.
- Josh Rosebrook Medium Hold Hair Styling Cream: For creating texture and definition.
- Max Green Alchemy Scalp Rescue Shampoo: This shampoo is helpful if you have an itchy, dry scalp or dandruff. This brand has a styling gel, too. Code ORGANICALLYBECCA works for a discount.
- Plaine Products Refillable Shampoo: This is primarily what Jon uses for shampoo! They offer an unscented version. Plaine uses responsible packaging and a refill system. They also have a 2-in-1 hair and body wash! Use code ORGANICALLYBECCA for a discount.
Natural Face Wash & Moisturizers:
Oof, if your man is anything like Jon, then it can be like pulling teeth to try and get them to stick to a consistent skincare routine. So it’s best to keep it simple and straightforward.
- Cocokind Watermelon Hemp Oil: For those looking for more moisture than a lotion! This is budget-friendly and can be used as a beard oil too. Code ORGANICALLYBECCA works for a discount.
- Josh Rosebrook Hydrating Accelerator: Anything from the Josh Rosebrook line would be suitable for guys! If your man is enough of a skincare junkie to use a toner, this hydrating accelerator would be perfect.
- Plaine Products Refillable Facial Care: Plaine has a Face Wash (available in unscented) and Moisturizer. Jon mostly uses the moisturizer! These are in slick aluminum bottles and you reuse the pumps. Code ORGANICALLYBECCA works for a discount.
- Ursa Major Fantastic Face Wash: Infused with cedar, lime, and spearmint. A simple face wash gel that gets the job done.
- Ursa Major Force Field SPF30 Lotion: A two-in-one product that is both a moisturizer and sunscreen! It’s unscented.
- Ursa Major Fortifying Gel Moisturizer: So unique! It feels like a light serum but moisturizes. It has a refreshing herbal spearmint scent. Particularly ideal for oily or acne-prone skin.
Organic Body Care:
- Good Medicine Beauty Lab Muscle Balm: A natural swap for Icy Hot to use on sore, achy muscles. Jon is a runner so he uses this often on inflamed muscles!
- Kosmatology Spruce’d Up Lotion Bars: A lotion stick with pure, organic ingredients. Kosmatology has two masculine-esque scents: Free & Clear (unscented) and Spruce’d Up (pine cedarwood cinnamon). Code ORGANICALLYBECCA works for a discount.
- Plaine Products Refillable Body Wash: Can you tell we use a lot of this brand 🤣 A bottle of this lasts forever, and it’s especially great that there is a scent-free wash!
- Ursa Major Morning Mojo Body Soap Bar: A crisp, cool blend of peppermint, eucalyptus, and rosemary.
- Wild Sage Magnesium Cream Muscle Rub: Magnesium is an essential mineral responsible for activating hundreds of cellular, biochemical reactions in our bodies. It can be helpful for stress, sore muscles, and aches. This one has peppermint and copaiba for added relief. Code BECCA10 works for a discount.
So long, Axe body spray. You won’t be missed. Here are some natural alternatives that won’t give you a headache:
- Abbott NYC: This brand makes clean, phthalate-free fragrances. Many of them are unisex and outdoorsy such as Mojave, Montecito, and Sequoia. My husband likes Mojave the best which is citrusy and spicy with notes of bergamot, black pepper, and tobacco leaf.
- Dylan Eau de Parfum: A warm, woodsy, unisex fragrance.
Sustainable Men’s Clothing:
It can be hard to find ethical fashion brands that offer clothing for men. But thankfully I’ve found some hits! These are the two main brands that Jon wears:
- Pact Organic Cotton Apparel: Everyday basics such as socks and undies, as well as clothing for men like shirts, sweatshirts, pants, and more.
- United by Blue: Durable clothing with an outdoorsy, rugged vibe. Their clothes are made from responsible materials such as organic cotton, hemp, modal, wool, and Tencel.
Natural Products for Men on Amazon:
Are you an Amazon shopper? See more men’s products on my curated Amazon storefront!
Now your guy should have NO problem switching out his routine to safer items 💆♂️ Let me know in the comments if you have any questions or other brands to check out!