So about 90% of my readers are women, but guess what, the products that men use on a daily basis are important too! While men usually don’t use as many products or as frequently, they still can contain not-so-safe ingredients like parabens or fragrance. Let’s take a look at some common items and natural, organic swaps for them 🙋♂️
This post contains affiliate links.
You might be wondering, “Becca, how can you vouch for these?” and I’m glad you asked! These are all items that are Mr. Organically Becca approved (a.k.a my husband Jon). I’ve been helping him find better replacements for his skincare and personal hygiene products over the past few years. These are tested and true! 👌 (and btw, there are lots of products I use that are definitely unisex/neutral enough to be used by men too even if they aren’t branded for men!)
Powerful Aluminum-Free Deodorants:
- Green Tidings Unscented Deodorant Stick
- Little Seed Farm Activated Charcoal Deodorant Cream (my hubby’s fave, and it contains no baking soda)
- Routine Cream Napoleon’s Dynamite Deodorant Cream
- Ursa Major No B.S. Unscented Deodorant Stick
Need some convincing that natural deodorant can work for you? While there definitely is a detox period while you first make the switch, it usually only lasts 2-4 weeks. If you’re experiencing irritation, excessive sweating, or smelly armpits, then I encourage you to check out my guide below for ALL the tips and tricks for switching to natural deodorant 👇
- Badger After Shave Face Tonic
- Merkur Safety Razor
- Schaf Unscented Shave Cream (code ORGANICALLYBECCA for discount)
- Ursa Major Stellar Shave Cream
Related post: “Zero Waste Shaving Guide: How to Use a Safety Razor“
I know guys can be super picky about shampoos that smell too “girly” or floral. This is why these are great options and even my husband approves!
- Chagrin Valley Organic Shampoo Bars: A zero waste option!
- Josh Rosebrook Medium Hold Hair Styling Cream
- Max Green Alchemy Scalp Rescue Shampoo: This shampoo is helpful if you have an itchy or dry scalp. Code ORGANICALLYBECCA works for a discount.
- Plaine Products Refillable Shampoo (code ORGANICALLYBECCA for discount)
Face Wash & Moisturizers:
Oof, if your guy is anything like Jon, then it can be like pulling teeth to try and get them to stick to a consistent skincare routine. So it’s best to keep it simple and straightforward.
- MŪN Protect + Revive Moisturizer: Jon really likes this one! It has a peppery, black cumin smell. Code ORGANICALLYBECCA works for a discount.
- Ursa Major Fantastic Face Wash
- Ursa Major Force Field Daily Defense Lotion with SPF 18
- Wabi-Sabi Botanicals Balancing Act Serum: If you need even more moisturizing than a lotion, this oil serum is awesome. It’s fragrance-free and contains no essential oils; just naturally scented by the oils it contains.
Organic Body Care:
- Good Medicine Beauty Lab Muscle Balm
- Kosmatology Spruce’d Up Lotion Bar (code ORGANICALLYBECCA for discount)
- Ursa Major Morning Mojo Body Soap Bar
- Wonder Seed Hemp Body Wash
- Dylan Eau de Parfum: A warm, woodsy, unisex fragrance
- Sigil Scent: Gender-neutral fine fragrances made with 100% natural plant oils, absolutes, and tinctures
- Pact Organic Cotton Apparel: Everyday basics such as socks and undies, as well as clothing for men like shirts, sweatshirts, pants, and more.
- United by Blue: Clothing with an outdoorsy, rugged vibe.
Products for Men on Amazon
Are you an Amazon shopper? See more men’s products on my curated Amazon storefront!
Hopefully this is helpful, and now your man should have NO problem switching out his routine to safer items 💆♂️ Let me know in the comments if you have any questions!