So about 90% of my readers are women. But guess what, the products that men use on a daily basis are important too! While dudes usually don’t use as many products or as frequently, the products still can contain not-so-safe ingredients like parabens or fragrances. Let’s take a look at some common items and natural, organic swaps for them 🙋♂️
This post contains affiliate links.
You might be wondering, “Becca, how can you vouch for these?” and I’m glad you asked! These are all items that are Mr. Organically Becca approved (a.k.a my husband Jon). I’ve been helping him find better replacements for his skincare and personal hygiene products over the past few years. These are tested and true! 👌
This post covers:
- Powerful Aluminum-Free Deodorants
- Organic Shaving Supplies
- Non-Toxic Hair Care
- Natural Face Wash & Moisturizers
- Organic Body Care
- Non-Toxic Colognes
- Sustainable Men’s Clothing
Powerful Aluminum-Free Deodorants:
Yeah, this is a very important category for guys. I can attest that you do NOT want to give them a natural deodorant that doesn’t work well 🤣 Stinky pit alert. Here are some that actually perform…
- Cleo + Coco Natural Charcoal Deodorants: Choose from multiple scents and with or without baking soda. Brave Heart (basil mint) and Free to Be (unscented) are unisex scents. These are cool because you can also get bars without any packaging.
- Green Tidings Unscented Deodorant Stick: More of a budget-friendly option! My dad also likes this brand.
- Kaia Naturals Underarm Soap Bar: This is helpful to use while showering for an extra detoxing boost, especially when first transitioning to natural deodorant.
- Little Seed Farm Activated Charcoal Deodorant Cream: This is Jon’s absolute fave! It’s the most effective one he has tried and doesn’t cause any rashes or irritation because it’s baking soda-free. Code BECCA10 gets you a discount at EarthHero. (also available here on Amazon)
- Routine Napoleon’s Dynamite Deodorant Cream: A clay and beeswax formula that smells like sandalwood, bergamot, black pepper, and voting for Pedro.
- Ursa Major Base Layer Deodorant Stick: No baking soda or scent. This deodorant glides on extremely easily!
Need some convincing that natural deodorant can work for you? While there definitely is a detox period while you first make the switch, it usually only lasts 2-4 weeks. If you’re experiencing irritation, excessive sweating, or smelly armpits, then I encourage you to check out my guide below for ALL the tips and tricks for switching to natural deodorant 👇
Organic Shaving Supplies:
A lot of conventional shaving supplies contain sulfates, strong chemical fragrances, or ingredients that can actually cause irritation. Try these instead:
- Badger Organic After-Shave Face Oil: Contains aloe, witch hazel, cucumber, and organic menthol for a cooling, soothing sensation.
- Badger Organic Shave Soap: A package-free shave soap. If your guy wants one that lathers really well, this is it!
- Merkur Safety Razor: Ditch the plastic disposable razors! Safety razors are eco-friendly and minimize razor burn 🪒
- Schaf Unscented Shave Cream: An unscented, fragrance-free shaving cream. Use code ORGANICALLYBECCA for a discount at The Choosy Chick.
- Ursa Major Stellar Shave Cream: Another awesome natural shave cream that Jon has used for years. It’s concentrated and formulated to prevent nicks, cushion against razor burn, and naturally nourishes skin.
Related post: “Zero Waste Shaving Guide: How to Use a Safety Razor“
Non-Toxic Hair Care:
I know guys can be super picky about shampoos that smell too “girly” or floral. This is why these are great options and even my husband approves!
- Chagrin Valley Organic Shampoo Bars: A zero waste option! It starts to lather once you rub it on wet hair.
- Josh Rosebrook Medium Hold Hair Styling Cream: For creating texture and definition.
- Max Green Alchemy Scalp Rescue Shampoo: This shampoo is helpful if you have an itchy, dry scalp or dandruff. This brand has a styling gel, too. Code ORGANICALLYBECCA works for a discount.
- Plaine Products Refillable Shampoo: This is primarily what Jon uses for shampoo! They offer an unscented version. Plaine uses responsible packaging and a refill system. Use code ORGANICALLYBECCA for a discount.
Natural Face Wash & Moisturizers:
Oof, if your man is anything like Jon, then it can be like pulling teeth to try and get them to stick to a consistent skincare routine. So it’s best to keep it simple and straightforward.
- Clove + Hallow Balancing Oil: I usually recommend something that’s oil-based to moisturize instead of just a water-based lotion. Jon uses this lightweight oil which is lightly scented and has minimal ingredients like argan oil, black cumin seed oil, and squalane. Code ORGANICALLYBECCA15 works for a discount.
- Josh Rosebrook Hydrating Accelerator: Anything from the Josh Rosebrook line would be suitable for guys! If your man is enough of a skincare junkie to use a toner, this hydrating accelerator would be perfect.
- MŪN Protect + Revive Moisturizer: Jon really likes this one! It’s a thick lotion with a peppery, black cumin smell. Code ORGANICALLYBECCA works for a discount.
- Plaine Products Refillable Facial Care: Plaine has a Face Wash and Moisturizer, both available scented or unscented. Jon mostly uses the moisturizer! These are in slick aluminum bottles.
- Ursa Major Fantastic Face Wash: Infused with cedar, lime, and spearmint. A simple face wash that gets the job done.
- Ursa Major Force Field Daily Defense SPF18 Lotion: A two-in-one type of product that is both a moisturizer and sunscreen.
Organic Body Care:
- Good Medicine Beauty Lab Muscle Balm: A natural swap for Icy Hot to use on sore, achy muscles. Jon is a runner so he uses this often on inflamed muscles!
- Kosmatology Spruce’d Up Lotion Bars: A lotion stick with pure, organic ingredients. Kosmatology has two masculine-esque scents: Free & Clear (unscented) and Spruce’d Up (pine cedarwood cinnamon). Code ORGANICALLYBECCA works for a discount.
- Plaine Products Refillable Body Wash: Can you tell we use a lot of this brand 🤣 A bottle of this lasts forever, and it’s especially great that there is a scent-free wash!
- Ursa Major Morning Mojo Body Soap Bar: A crisp, cool blend of peppermint, eucalyptus, and rosemary.
- Wild Sage Magnesium Cream Muscle Rub: Magnesium is an essential mineral responsible for activating hundreds of cellular, biochemical reactions in our bodies. It can be helpful for stress, sore muscles, and aches. This one has peppermint and copaiba for added relief. Code BECCA10 works for a discount.
So long, Axe body spray. You won’t be missed. Here are some natural alternatives that won’t give you a headache:
- Dylan Eau de Parfum: A warm, woodsy, unisex fragrance.
- Reverie Oath Botanical: A unisex fragrance with warm and spicy notes of sage, ginger, vetiver, clove, and patchouli. Made with all essential oils and no fragrance compounds.
- Sigil Scent: Gender-neutral fine fragrances made with 100% natural plant oils, absolutes, and tinctures.
Sustainable Men’s Clothing:
It can be hard to find ethical fashion brands that offer clothing for men. But thankfully I’ve found some hits! These are the two main brands that Jon wears:
- Pact Organic Cotton Apparel: Everyday basics such as socks and undies, as well as clothing for men like shirts, sweatshirts, pants, and more.
- United by Blue: Durable clothing with an outdoorsy, rugged vibe. Their clothes are made from responsible materials such as organic cotton, hemp, modal, wool, and Tencel.
Natural Products for Men on Amazon:
Are you an Amazon shopper? See more men’s products on my curated Amazon storefront!
Now your guy should have NO problem switching out his routine to safer items 💆♂️ Let me know in the comments if you have any questions or other brands to check out!