In episode 10 of the Positively Green Podcast, Kelsey and I are talking about somewhat of a controversial topic: eating meat. Do you have to go vegan in order to live a sustainable lifestyle? Kelsey, who used to be a vegan herself, now raises her own chickens! ?
Disclaimer: This is NOT an “anti-veganism” rant. What you choose to consume is deeply personal and we respect your decisions. We are simply sharing our own journeys with the topic and opening a dialogue.
Topics we cover in this episode:
- Why you don’t have to go vegan to live sustainably, and how livestock can actually help curb climate change ?
- Environmental ramifications of factory-farmed agriculture and why we don’t support it
- The importance of quality, pastured, grass-fed, etc. and regenerative farming for our health and the environment
- Common myths and misconceptions
- TreeBird Pure Silk Eco Floss
- Omnivore’s Dilemma by Michael Pollan
- Defending Beef: The Case for Sustainable Meat Production by Nicolette Hahn Niman
- Fresh Fruit, Broken Bodies: Migrant Farmworkers in the United States by Seth Holmes
- Dr. Kelly Brogan’s research on red meat and depression
Thanks SO much for listening!