Episode 03 of the Positively Green Podcast is here and this topic is super exciting to me: GREENWASHING. What is it, what does it mean, and how can you avoid falling victim to it.
And as always, we each share our sustainable “pains” and “gains” for the week too ?
Other topics we discuss in this episode:
- Reusable silicone bags (Stasher or Modern Kitchen)
- Beeswax wraps
- Diatomaceous earth for a parasite
- What is greenwashing?
- Why it’s so important to learn about ingredients and their safety
- Why you shouldn’t blindly trust labels and packaging
- The dangers of hormone-disrupting ingredients
- Laws about ingredient safety and the term “natural”
- Common signs of greenwashing and terms to look for
- Certified organic vs. non-certified
- Questions to ask yourself to determine if a product/brand is up to your standards
- Times we’ve fallen for greenwashing ourselves
- An actionable step you can take today! Download the Think Dirty app to scan your products or search the Environmental Working Group (EWG)
- Downloads and educational resources from my Shop like the Green Beauty Ingredient Glossary
You can also check out my blog post about greenwashing for more information and commons brands that greenwash.
Thanks SO much for listening!