Episode 05 of the Positively Green Podcast is live and Kelsey and I are talking all about plastic today! Many of you actually requested this topic so we’re happy to break down the topic for you.
In this episode we cover:
- Why is plastic “bad” in the first place? What about recycling it?
- Breaking down the 7-ish types of plastic out there ♻︎
- ♳ Polyethylene Terephthalate
- ♴ High-Density Polyethylene
- ♵ Polyvinyl Chloride
- ♶ Low-Density Polyethylene
- ♷ Polypropylene
- ♸ Polystyrene
- ♹ Other (BPA, Polycarbonate, Lexan)
- Which plastic is the safest, which leaches the most, and which types you can recycle ♻️
- Learning more about your local municipalities and their own regulations for recycling
- Health effects of the different plastics and BPA
- Five easy ways to go plastic-free for good
- Washable Luna pads
- Reusable shopping bags and produce bags
- Travel bamboo utensil set
- Mason jars, glass, or metal tiffins instead of Tupperware
- Reusable cups like Kleen Kanteen
- Silicone sleeves
*Some of the links may be affiliate links*
Thanks SO much for listening!