Episode 06 of the Positively Green Podcast is live and we’re happy to welcome a special guest, Melissa Gallico! This episode covers all things fluoride. It’s pretty crazy how much there is to know about fluoride that we don’t usually hear about. It may not be as great as you think!
About Melissa Gallico
She is a former military intelligence officer, Fulbright scholar, and intelligence special at the FBI. Melissa instructed classes for FBI analysts at Quantico and provided support for national security investigations. She graduated with honors from Georgetown University with a major in science, technology, and international affairs. She also has a masters degree in international security from the University of St. Andrews in Scotland. She is the author of “The Hidden Cause of Acne” and “F is for Fluoride” and currently resides in South Florida.
In this episode we cover:
- History of fluoride and why it’s added to water 💧
- Does it actually prevent cavities?
- How to know if fluoride is causing your acne
- Dental fluorosis and staining of the teeth – is it reversible? 🦷
- Why isn’t fluoride part of the conversation in conventional medicine?
- Other health effects of fluoride besides acne – is it affecting your mood?
- How to detox your body from fluoride
- Common sources of fluoride and foods that contain it
- The real reason that raisins are so harmful to dogs
- Actionable steps you can take to make your home fluoride-free
- How to test for fluoride at home
- Fluoride and pollution in the environment
- How to get involved and stop the widespread use of fluoride in water supplies
- Environmental Working Group Tap Water Database
How to connect with Melissa:
- Private Facebook group Fluoride-Free Faces
- Sign the petition on Change.org to stop fluoridation
- Gallico Studios
- Instagram @melissagallico
You can tune in below or subscribe on iTunes! Check out this page for a full list of episodes.
Thanks SO much for listening!