Okay ladies! Episode 16 of the Positively Green Podcast is for you. And we’re actually breaking it into two parts because we have so much info to share. We’re talking alllllllll about periods and menstruation in these. In part 1, we’re sharing how you can you go zero-waste with your cycle.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Why you should work towards a zero-waste period 🔴
- Conventional products, like tampons and pads, and the significant issues they pose for our bodies and the environment
- Zero-waste options you can use instead and finding the best one for you
- Menstrual cups, reusable pads, and period undies
- Common synthetic ingredients in tampons
- Misconceptions about periods
- Tips and tricks and our personal faves!
Products + Resources Mentioned:
- Plaine Products (code ORGANICALLYBECCA for discount)
- Green Waste Recycling
- Naturally Savvy pad burning experiment
- Menstrual Products Right to Know Act of 2017
- Detox the Box
- Natracare organic tampons
- Lena’s Small & Large Menstrual Cup Combo
- Diva Cup
- Bloody Buddy Menstrual Cups (code ORGANICALLYBECCA for discount)
- Thinx organic cotton period undies (check out this FAQ blog post + get $10 off!)
- Luna organic cotton period undies and pads
- Hesta organic cotton reusable pantiliners
Thanks SO much for listening!