We have a special guest for episode 18 of the Positively Green Podcast! Please welcome Karen Malkin, a certified health and wellness coach who also serves on the board of directors for the Environmental Working Group.
About Karen Malkin:
Karen Malkin is among the first National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coaches in our country. Karen is the founder of MCT Lean, a plant-based, dietary supplement company. Passionate about integrative medicine and environmental health, Karen serves on the Philanthropic Council for the Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at Northwestern Medicine, as a board of director for the Environmental Working Group, Spiral Sun Ventures, and Gardeneers. Some of Karen’s specialty areas include her 14 Day Transformation series, emotional eating, weight loss, the science of nutrition, high energy superfoods, smoothies, supplementation, managing cravings, and healthy lifestyle makeovers.
Topics Covered in this episode:
- About Karen and her personal health journey, and her foundations of holistic and integrative medicine
- How integrative health differs from traditional western medicine
- The 7 core areas of health that she focuses on, and how to make health and wellness less overwhelming
- Beginner steps we can take to improve our seven core areas of health
- She guides us through a 4-7-8 breathing exercise (developed by Dr. Andrew Weil), which can help you reset and release stress
- Her connection with EWG (the Environmental Working Group) and some of their helpful tools
Products + Resources Mentioned:
- EWG Dirty Dozen and Clean Fifteen lists 🍓🥬
- EWG Tap Water Database 💧
- EWG Skin Deep Cosmetics Database
- EWG Sunscreen Guide
- Karen’s 14-Day Toxin Takedown Transformation program
And check out our sponsor, Osea Malibu, the original plant-based, results-driven skin care line. They are generously sponsoring this week’s episode. You can enter the code POSITIVELYGREEN at checkout on their site and get a free travel-size of your choice ($18 value) with the purchase of $40 or more. Just be sure to add the travel-size to your cart first 🌊
Thanks SO much for listening!