We have yet another great guest for episode 19 of the Positively Green Podcast! Have you ever been concerned about the health effects of EMF radiation from technology such as cell phones, laptops, wearables, WiFi, or power lines? Well, we’re talking all about in today’s episode and why it might actually be a big unseen threat!
About Daniel DeBaun:
Daniel DeBaun is an internationally recognized expert in EMF radiation, EMF shielding, and EMF-related health issues with special focus on the effect of exposure from mobile devices such as laptops, tablets, and cell phones. Daniel’s concern regarding the health impact of EMF emissions grew from over thirty years of engineering experience in the telecommunications industry, where he held a variety of executive positions at SAIC, Telcordia, AT&T, and Bell Labs.
Daniel is the co-author of Radiation Nation: The Fallout of Modern Technology and co-founder of DefenderShield.
Topics Covered in this episode:
- What are EMFs (electromagnetic radiation and frequencies) and how they work
- Common sources of EMFs and where they can be found in our homes
- Minor and major health effects on the human body, and why children and pregnant women are especially vulnerable (and pets!)
- Is there a “healthy” daily limit for EMF exposure?
- Should you be concerned about smart meters or if you live near cell towers and power lines? 📻
- The safest way to talk on a cell phone
- Standards and government regulations in place for protecting us from EMFs
- Concerns with the rise of 5G cell service and wearable devices 📶
- Practical tips for protecting yourself and lessening exposure to EMFs
- Effects of artificial blue light from our devices 👀
- Advice for what to do if you live in a big city and have close proximity to a lot of radiation
DefenderShield makes blue light blocking glasses, laptop pads, phone cases, blankets, and more so you can protect yourself. They are independently third-party tested. Use the code GREEN20 for 20% off your purchase! They also have a monthly newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest EMF news and research.
And from our sponsor…
And check out our sponsor, Osea Malibu, the original plant-based, results-driven skin care line. They are generously sponsoring this week’s episode. You can enter the code POSITIVELYGREEN10 at checkout on their site for $10 off your first purchase of $50 or more! 🌊
Thanks SO much for listening!