Oh, do we have a good episode for you today! Episode 21 of the Positively Green Podcast features special guest and registered nurse, Kate Eskuri. We chat about a lot of topics including integrative medicine and Kate’s best tips for holistic sleep. She balances the science and the “woo woo” ?? and shares LOTS of awesome tidbits.
About Kate Eskuri:
Kate Eskuri is a Minnesota girl, registered nurse, holistic health junkie, and the voice behind The Foundation Blog – a modern woman’s guide to all things slow living, integrative health, holistic self-care. Kate got her nursing degree at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities where competed in Division I track, graduated with honors and completed years of health research introducing yoga to older female adults. Upon graduating and working as an RN at the Mayo Clinic ICU, Kate felt a longing to specialize in holistic health.
Kate is currently getting her doctorate degree in Integrative Health and Healing and is passionate about helping women maximize their health by simple + foundational health practices: quality nutrition, natural remedies, mindset-shifts, and holistic practices. Kate’s healthcare experience is a unique blend of Western and Eastern; having worked in an ICU setting and also studying integrative health, she believes in the miracle of modern medicine, but also encourages patients to get back to their “roots” of quality nutrition, slow living, and being intentional with their health. Kate created The Foundation Blog as a place to inspire women to invest in their health through simple, foundational daily practices that can help them disconnect from their to-do list and reconnect with their life.
You can follow Kate on Instagram @kate.eskuri ?
Topics Covered in This Episode:
- Kate’s journey to becoming interested in holistic and integrative health and her nursing background ?⚕️
- Finding the sweet spot between Western and Eastern med
- Why she started The Foundation blog
- Chatting about our Enneagram types and why they make us unique and how they can help our relationships
- What it looks like to be a holistic nurse
- How being an avid marathon runner has played out in her health journey
- Kate’s guide to holistic sleep ? and her 14 best tips for getting a good night’s rest:
- Natural nighttime elixirs ?
- Facial cleansing oils
- Mindful wardrobe for sleeping + sustainable PJs
- Acupressure (she even shares two points that we can implement)
- Sound machines that don’t emit EMFs
- Wearing a sleep mask and how it helps with circadian rhythm
- + more!
Thanks SO much for listening. We’d fully appreciate a rating and review!