According to the EPA, the average American indoor environment is 2 to 5 times more polluted than the outdoor air. The EPA also stated that the worst air pollution in our nation is right inside our own homes and workplaces and that 50% of all illness is connected to the indoor air quality. Crazy! Thankfully there are many easy ways to help improve this, which we’re going to address today on episode 26 of the Positively Green Podcast! ?
As more and more of us are working remotely and practicing social distancing as the Coronavirus hits the U.S., we thought it would be helpful to share nine simple ways you can make your home a healthier and safer environment. We hope these tips bring you peace of mind and give you a sense of control during this scary time!
Topics Covered in This Episode:
- 9-ish simple tips for having a greener home environment ?
- Why it’s so important to have good indoor air quality (especially in winter!)
- Typical chemicals and pollutants that lurk in our homes and their health effects
- Different types of air purifiers and filters
- Best house plants for clean air ?
- Why you might want to ditch your beloved candles ?
- How cookware might be affecting your air quality
- Best practices for bringing new furniture into your home and how to be more conscious about it
- No Tox Dish Soap Block
- Accustar Radon Test
- Welch Candle Co. Beeswax Candles
- Blog post: Is Your Himalayan Salt Lamp Legit?
- Blog post: Common Tap Water Contaminants & What to Look For in a Water Filter
- Blog post: A Complete Guide to Non-Toxic & Eco-Friendly Kitchen Supplies
Thanks SO much for listening. We’d fully appreciate a rating and review!