Another awesome lady boss guest on the Positively Green Podcast today! We chat with the CEO of Plaine Products, Lindsey McCoy. They are a natural, refillable, zero waste body care brand that you will love. Get an inside scoop of what it’s like running a sustainable business (the good, the bad, the ugly).
About Plaine Products CEO Lindsey McCoy:
Lindsey McCoy has a master’s degree from Indiana University’s School of Public and Environmental Affairs and spent 10 years running environmental education nonprofits in The Bahamas – islands that are overwhelmingly full of single-use plastic. After her return to the United States, she and her sister co-founded Plaine Products in February 2017 in order to help minimize single-use plastic and reduce waste in bathrooms across the country. Plaine Products offers premium personal care products in uniquely sustainable packaging: aluminum bottles that can be returned (for free), refilled, and reused. Plaine Products has already diverted over 100,000 plastic bottles from landfills to date.
This post contains affiliate links.
Topics Covered in This Episode:
- How Plaine Products got started and what they offer
- Why are plastic shampoo bottles a problem in the first place – can’t they just be recycled? Why is refillable better? ♻️
- The main hurdles when it comes to getting consumers thinking in a more circular mindset
- Challenges with maintaining a sustainable business model
- Does online shopping have a higher carbon footprint?
- The reality of plastics and microplastics in the ocean 🌊
- What Plaine has planned for the future
And you can read my in-depth review of some of their products in this blog post. You can use the coupon code POSITIVELYGREEN for 20% off your Plaine Products order!
Tune in below or subscribe on iTunes! Check out this page for a full list of episodes.
Thanks SO much for listening. We’d fully appreciate a rating and review!