Do you ever feel like you’re on an island when it comes to caring about sustainability? Do you wish you could get involved with a local group that also shares that passion? You can! Please welcome our Positively Green Podcast guest Laura Loucks, Volunteer Coordinator with the Waukesha County Green Team, as we learn about green teams and building a community effort around sustainable living.
About Laura Loucks:
Laura is a sustainability specialist at a manufacturing company in Muskego, WI where she works on corporate efficiency, product transparency, and employee engagement and education. She is also involved in the Waukesha County Green Team in a variety of ways including being the Volunteer Coordinator and co-hosting their podcast, GreenCast. Working with other people passionate about sustainability and making connections through the Green Team and the Wisconsin Women in Sustainability group makes Laura the most excited and energetic! When not geeking out about sustainability, you can find Laura swing or salsa dancing in Milwaukee.
Topics Covered in This Episode:
- Laura’s background and how she became involved with the Waukesha County Green Team
- What a “green team” is and initiatives they are involved with spearheading
- Opportunities to volunteer and get involved with the team
- Tips for working with your local government to push sustainability efforts
- Common obstacles the team faces when it comes to making changes
- Steps you can take if you want to start your own local green team!
Tune in below or subscribe on iTunes! Check out this page for a full list of episodes.
Thanks SO much for listening. We’d fully appreciate a rating and review!