As the demand for eco-friendly and sustainable items rises, more and more zero waste and bulk shops are opening to meet that need! It can be hard as consumers to get the items we need from the store that are also packaged in a conscious way.
About Jenna Meier & The Glass Pantry:
Our guest for this episode is Jenna Meier, the owner of The Glass Pantry, a newly-opened zero waste and bulk store located in the Walkers Point neighborhood of Milwaukee, WI. Her goal is to make your sustainability journey a little bit easier by offering pantry staples, household cleaners, and personal care products in a package free way. The Glass Pantry offers organic, locally-made products in bulk; allowing you to stock up on everything you need, without producing all the trash 🗑
Topics Covered in This Episode:
- Jenna’s background and what inspired her to open a zero waste shop
- The biggest obstacles she faced on her sustainable-living journey
- What sourcing looks like for a bulk shop and some hurdles Jenna encountered while opening
- What to typically expect when shopping at a bulk store and what products The Glass Pantry offers
- How bulk stores can be vigilant to avoid mixing bins for those with food allergies
- Tips for making the most of your grocery store visits if you don’t live near a zero waste store
- Advice if you want to open a zero waste bulk shop of your own!
And be sure to check out our sponsor, OSEA. Use code POSITIVELYGREEN10 for $10 off your first purchase of $50+.
Tune in below or subscribe on iTunes! Check out this page for a full list of episodes.
Thanks SO much for listening. We’d fully appreciate a rating and review!