Admit it, you love when autumn comes and pumpkin EVERYTHING starts coming out. Pumpkin pie. Pumpkin soup. Pumpkin bread. And yes…even pumpkin spice lattés. Well today I’m sharing a healthy recipe for Pumpkin Spice Latté fat balls, with a twist!
I admittedly am obsessed with this fat ball trend (also known as bliss balls, energy bites, energy balls, etc.). But seriously, they are easy to make, healthy, filling, and a perfect snack!
So let’s get to the recipe 🍁
These balls are slightly sweet.
Nutty and filling.
Packed with collagen and healthy fats.
And the best part: caffeinated.
(the caffeine part is optional and the recipe will still work without it, but I obviously recommend WITH 😉)
I love using the Four Sigmatic mushroom instant coffee powder for this recipe. It sounds weird because it’s “mushroom coffee” but trust me, you can’t even tell and it just tastes like coffee. It has cordyceps and Chaga which are medicinal mushroom superfoods. They have antioxidant properties and promote anti-aging and mental clarity, as well as help balance the energy from the coffee. Meaning you’ll get a sustained energy boost without the jitters. Cordyceps and chaga also help bring down the acidity of the coffee and make it less taxing on your adrenals.
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 scoop Great Lakes collagen peptides
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup pumpkin pureé
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp Four Sigmatic instant coffee powder (optional but recommended if you like a hint of coffee taste)
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides every 20 seconds or so until smooth.
- Start forming the balls by rolling between your hands. (insert naughty joke here)
- Freeze for at least 10 minutes, then enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.
Use organic ingredients when possible!
Enjoy and let me know if you try this recipe!
This post contains affiliate links.