According to the American Sleep Association, 35.3% adults report less than seven hours of restful sleep each night. There are many things that contribute to unrestful sleep, but the quality of your bedding actually has a lot to do with it. And the thought of replacing a whole mattress might sound daunting to you (and your wallet!), so today I’m going to share a less expensive option that can have a HUGE impact on your quality of sleep! 😴
Enter the body pillow. Have you ever tried one of these? I never have until recently – but then I started using a Savvy Rest organic kapok body pillow. I have always been a side-sleeper and even used a small pillow between my knees, but even that was not totally comfortable. So this body pillow has literally been amazing because it provides a cushion between my arms, knees, and legs while I sleep on my side.
Savvy Rest was kind enough to send me a body pillow for free, but all opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links.
Benefits of Sleeping with a Body Pillow
What makes a body pillow so great? So many things!
- Super comfortable, especially for side sleepers, pregnant women, or those with back pain and injuries
- Body pillows support your top leg, torso, and upper arm while you sleep, which keeps your spine in alignment
- Relieves pressure on the lower back, spine, and hips, and pressure points
- Lessens tossing and turning (I totally have noticed that I sleep like a rock since using my body pillow!)
- Relaxes muscles along the spine
- Improves weight distribution and blood circulation
Why Use a Savvy Rest Organic Pillow
The reason I use Savvy Rest pillows compared to other brands is that they are organic (and also a great brand)! You might think that sounds crazy, but it’s actually super important! Especially since you’re using it against your body for 8+ hours every night 🛌
- Organic kapok is a natural alternative to down pillows
- They never use pesticides, bleaches, or harmful dyes (conventional cotton is heavily sprayed with pesticides!)
- Chemicals and flame retardants on most conventional bedding has been linked to numerous health problems
- They use only the purest natural latex from trusted suppliers that have been independently tested and certified
- Their warehouse, woodshop, and sewing facilities are all GOTS-certified (Global Organic Textile Standard)
- Savvy Rest is GREENGUARD certified, which means their products have low chemical emissions and VOCs (volatile organic compounds) into indoor air
- Pillows come with an unbleached, organic cotton casing with a soft flannel finish
- They offer many different fills and textures, so you can customize your pillow to your liking (also available in different lengths – I have the 15”)
- Certified B Corp with a commitment to sustainability
- Great customer service
P.S. even my dog sleeps on an organic Savvy Rest dog bed. My husband and I also have their regular pillows and love them! (he uses the Organic Latex Contour Pillow and I use the Shredded Latex Pillow)
So, if you’re looking to switch to a body pillow for a better night’s rest, or maybe you just want a more natural option to sleep on, definitely check these out! You can enter code ORGANICALLYBECCA for 20% off sitewide.
Sleep tight and enjoy! 💤