As a clean beauty blogger, I’m always on the lookout for new and interesting products to test out! Every now and then I come across something worth sharing that I think you’ll be interested in. Recently, I discovered a liquid foundation that I’ve been enjoying and think my fellow combination, oily, or acne-prone skin friends would benefit from too. No gatekeeping here, so let’s take a look and get all the deets!
This post contains affiliate links. The products were gifted to me with no obligation to share; this post reflects my honest opinions!
About withSimplicity Brand
WithSimplicity was created in 2014 after Irina, the founder, had a child and some of her makeup got on the baby one day. She began to question all of the ingredients in her makeup and wanted to avoid anything potentially harmful! Irina became certified in organic skincare formulation and started crafting skincare and makeup in her kitchen as a hobby. Eventually, it grew into a business! A bit more about withSimplicity:
- Headquartered in Harrisonburg, VA
- Products are made in the USA in small batches
- They focus on ethical and sustainable sourcing and plant-based ingredients
- Each purchase gives back! withSimplicity donates to local food banks, charities, and organizations that counteract human trafficking
- Most products are packaged in glass and the ones that are in plastic are recyclable through TerraCycle (they also have a container take-back program)
You can use code BECCA10 for a discount on your first withSimplicity purchase 🏷️
Review: withSimplicity Liquid Foundation
WithSimplicity makes a variety of makeup and skincare, but this post is going to focus specifically the liquid foundation. Some quick info before we dive in!
- $38 for 1 fl. oz. (you can also get $2 sample packets!)
- Tested for heavy metals
- Oil-free (no coconut either)
- Vegan, cruelty-free, gluten-free
- No artificial dyes or synthetic fragrances added
- Uses an airless pump so you can get every last drop out
- Adjustable light to medium coverage with a natural, semi-matte finish
- All ingredients are non-GMO and many are certified organic (super clean!)
- Has natural sun protection from non-nano zinc oxide and titanium dioxide (but doesn’t have an official SPF rating so I would still suggest using a mineral sunscreen in your skincare routine)
I initially tried some samples of the foundation to find my shade match (1 Neutral Light), and then I liked it so much that I got a full-size bottle!
- All of the notes from above; I loveeee how pure the ingredients are!
- Blends easily
- Buildable coverage
- The SMELL! It has a delicious vanilla cake scent.
- Feels lightweight, comfortable, and breathable on my skin
- The ingredients double as skincare and many are also anti-inflammatory (aloe, lavender, oregano)
- Doesn’t contain any pore-clogging ingredients or silicones, so it’s acne-safe and suitable for sensitive and blemish-prone skin types too!
- I don’t personally need to use a setting powder over this foundation which is great! It’s not greasy or dewy at all and still looks good toward the end of the day.
- If you’re sensitive to smells, the vanilla might be too strong for you!
- I do like the airless pump but it does dispense quite a lot at once (I wish you could do like a half pump)
- The coverage is buildable but once you go fuller/more than medium, it can start to settle in lines and not look as fresh. I recommend using a brush or beauty blender to dab and gently press it into skin instead of doing too many swirling motions.
- Because it’s oil-free, I’m not sure how it would work on drier skin types. I have combination skin that leans a little oily already, so it’s no problem for me. But I do wonder if it might be too dry for others and cling to dry patches. If you do have drier skin, I would definitely suggest mixing a drop or two of facial oil into this when you apply it so it goes on smoother! Or make sure skin is well moisturized and use a primer.
It actually reminds me of the popular Crunchi Beautifully Flawless Foundation, but less coverage and not as dry! Not to mention, Crunchi’s contains silicones and some potentially pore-clogging ingredients and does tend to make me break out. So this might be a better alternative depending on your skin type!
Overall, I really like withSimplicity’s liquid foundation and will definitely keep using it! Low tox ingredients, nice coverage, and feels good while you wear it.
You can use code BECCA10 for a discount 🏷️
(one use per customer)
Other withSimplicity Products I Tried
- 15-Free Nail Polish: I like that it’s made without formaldehyde, toluene, TPHP, and xylene. But it does smell stronger than other “safer” nail polishes I’ve tried (none are truly non-toxic because they’re essentially paint). And the color started to oxidize and dull in the bottle after a while. But it does work fairly well and has a glossy finish.
- Botanical Mascara: I wouldn’t recommend this because it’s difficult to build up any real volume or length and also gets smudgy for me.
- Lip + Cheek Tri-Sticks: These are awesome! They’re creams that you can use on cheeks, lips, or eyes. I mostly use them on cheeks and think that’s what they’re best for. I like shades Brighton and Valencia.
- Lip Gloss: These smell like vanilla and are really nourishing (and not sticky)! Shade Nectar is so pretty and has a good amount of pigment. Thumbs up!
- Pressed Eyeshadow: I have shade Starlight which is more sheer as it applies. But the payoff is decent and has a nice subtle shimmer!
Let me know if you have any questions or are interested in giving this foundation a try! Thanks so much for reading and I hope this review was helpful 💚